HWiNFO - Full Guide
To start troubleshooting using HWiNFO, follow this guide. It will walk you though how to setup logging and stress testing.
All 3 programs are required for this test. None are optional.
Download HWiNFO from here
All versions will work the same. You won't have to install the portable version.
Download Furmark from here
Start HWiNFO and launch it in sensors only mode
- In the sensors only mode window, go to settings and set the global polling frequency to 250 ms and press ok.
- Start the logging process by clicking the green + with the paper icon and save a csv file to a location.
- Next, just as soon as you started logging with HWiNFO launch Prime95.
- Start the "Blend" test.
- It will look like this when running.
- After you get prime95 running, install and launch furmark. In the first menu, change the resolution to match your monitor. If you don't see your resolution listed, you can use custom resolution.
- Read the warning and press "GO!"
- Leave furmark as the top window on your screen.
All 3 programs need to be running for at least 10 minutes, or until your PC crashes. Start the timer after you get furmark running for the best results.
If you are getting help from the discord, you can just upload the .csv file directly to discord.
If you are getting help from the reddit, or the CSV file is too large for discord, upload the csv to https://www.mediafire.com/