Reading HWiNFO logs
- Download Generic Log Viewer from here
- Install and run the program, it will look like this:
Enable dark mode to avoid feeling like you are staring into the sun
- Click "Open File" to select which csv file to analyse.
- From the options, select HWiNFO
- Once you have selected a file, it should look like this:
This is with dark mode enabled
- Using the options in the top-left corner, select how many graphs to view at once.
Enabling simple mode means that icons are shrunk in order to provide more graph real estate
- Using the drop-down menu, select what graphs to view.
- Things to look out for:
- PSU rails (take note that even if a psu is within tolerances, it can be real cranky. You should generally see if the rails are with tolerances and should not be jittery)
- CPU temps (use common sense here)
- CPU load (should be ~100%, also use common sense)
- CPU Power consumption (common sense required)
- GPU temps (use common sense here)
- GPU load (should be ~100% here as well. If you suspect a bad reading, instruct the user to use just furmark in fullscreen)
- GPU Power consumption (common sense, if it is jittery, it is also a bad sign, typically indicates psu problems as well)