This article relies on the live media created here
nwipe is a fork of
dwipe which is the utility used in the popular DBAN solution.
- Open "terminal emulator" from the application menu
sudo nwipein the terminal to launc our nwipe session
- Navigate up and down the list with the arrow keys, select disks by size with the space bar.
- Removing extra disks from the machine may make this selection easier. Choosing the wrong disk will cause data loss
- You can change the wipe method by pressing
m. DoD short is the default and recomended method. It makes 3 passes over the disk.
- You can change the number of rounds by pressing
r. This multiplies the method. Leaving DoD short and setting 2 rounds would make 6 passes (1 is recommended).
- Press capital
Sto start the process